Thankful thoughts

It has been our tradition for many years now to decorate our Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday, but I love decorating our tree.

My husband and I have collected one ornament for each year of our marriage. Often the ornament itself represents something significant that happened that year, and it's fun to think back and remember. I have also received quite a few ornaments from my students over the years. I love pulling each one out and remembering the children they came from. There's the green elf from the Matthew, my musical angels from Parker, and my Raggedy Ann and Andy ornaments from Ellie. Many of these families I haven't seen in years, but I still remember them. Each ornament brings back cherished memories of lives I have been privileged to touch and who have touched my heart forever. I truly have so much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment