Put your best foot forward!

It has become a frequent joke in class about who I rank higher than. To date, I have moved up the ladder past Mary Poppins, Minnie Mouse, and even Santa. It's funny to me to be compared to fictional characters by my students, but it is also an honor to be in such good company on the list! :-)
I will never forget when my oldest daughter was about 2 years old. It was the first time that I really could see that I had achieved "hero" status in her eyes. I wished I could have bottled that moment and drank it up over and over again. Ironically, it was all because of some silly finger play I had just done with her. Yet, so often that is how it is. The simple or silly things in life, that may go unnoticed by everyone else, have somehow transformed you in the eyes of that one person.
Children will grow, and, as they do, their heroes will change. I may not always rank as high on their list, but I know one thing for sure. I have left my mark and helped to shape a life, and so will you! So put your best foot forward. You never know who might be watching or where you are on their list.

No comments:

Post a Comment