Amazing feats; never before seen


Today's post really has nothing to do with music, but it has a whole lot to do with children. Actually, it's about the childhood "right of passage" of losing those baby teeth. Thanks to a sticky Sugar Daddy last night, my daughter lost one of her wiggly teeth. Over the years there have been some amazing stories associated with our tooth loss and the Tooth Fairy. There was the time my daughter lost her tooth when a neighbor's child flipped into the pool and knocked it out. It flew through the air and landed right in her hand at the water's edge. We've accidentally swallowed teeth and even had the Tooth Fairy find us all the way in a campground in Kissimmee. How does she know when the tooth is at anyway? We have speculated that she somehow smells them, but we have not been able to confirm this fact. Since we were leaving early this morning for our return trip home, my daughter left a note last night asking the Tooth Fairy to leave her coins on her seat in the car. True to her amazing "tooth fairy-ness" form, the coins were there, just as requested. I've asked my girls what they think the Tooth Fairy does with all those teeth and where she gets the money from. It's so funny to hear their ideas. My philosophy is that she sells them to the dentist to use in making false teeth. Although, I haven't been able to confirm this fact either. :-)

I enjoy asking creative questions to my children. It's a great way to work on story-telling concepts, creativity, expression, and other language and reasoning skills. Do you have any great children's stories? I hope you'll take a minute to share them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment