Thanks for the reminder!

I've been teaching for over 15 years now. It's a challenge. There are different learning styles to consider, various levels of understanding, and the challenge of keeping things interesting for my students. It's easy to get burnt out and forget that teaching offers so many rewards too. I love it when a student gains something from their studies that they would never have understood without my help. I love seeing the look of wonder and amazement in a young child's eyes as they open their mind to new concepts and ideas. It's amazing to think that I may play some small role in helping to form tomorrow's memorable, world changers.

During my time in the classroom, I am usually so consumed with my work that I don't get the chance to reflect on the learning as it takes place. This week, however, I was afforded a unique glance at that process. A mom in one of my Kindermusik classes graciously agreed to snap some photos during class while I taught. I sat and studied the photos when I got home, and I found myself thinking- thinking about the impact we have on others when we are completely unaware, thinking about how much thanks I owe to those who taught me and those who have taught my children, and thinking about how special my students are to me. I hope you take the time this week to thank those who have had a positive influence in your life and helped to shape the person you have become!

No comments:

Post a Comment