John Denver must have been mistaken!

In his song, "Thank God I'm a Country Boy", John Denver wrote, "Well, life on a farm is kind of laid back. Ain't much an old country boy like me can't hack." I would agree with him on most occasions, but today is not one of them. We have a red rooster on our farm named Swiper. He's not the friendliest of sorts. But, my youngest daughter raised him from a chick, so I suppose that makes him family. Anyway, he got out of our pen this morning and ran into the back 20 acres of our property. The "back 20" is heavily wooded, and my husband and I spent the next 1.5 hours trekking around looking for him. We spotted him twice, but he would always run and hide in the thick underbrush. We've decided to move to plan B. We are hoping that hearing our other chickens will draw him back into the yard. Chickens do not ordinarily like to be alone, especially since he's always been with our other chickens. Maybe then we will be able to catch him. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment