A tale of two sandwiches


Well, today was the start of school and the fall Kindermusik semester. I love the start of the semester; new friends, old friends, shiny new materials to hand out to happy little children. What a great time we had, but at the same time I was torn. This fall holds a lot of change for me. Some of you know that my youngest child began Kindergarten this year. She has been with me at Kindermusik since I began teaching almost 5 years ago. We have made some wonderful memories during that time. Throughout that time, I have always carried lunch for two to class. It's been a special time for us to share and bond, since we didn't have that one-on -one when she was a baby. As I zipped up the baggy with my lonely little sandwich last night, I was struck with the sad realization. No more lunch dates with my baby girl! No more two sandwiches in the box waiting for our happy afternoon chats. Don't get me wrong. I am very proud of her and excited for all the new memories she will make at school. It will just take some getting used to. So to all those mothers of new Kindergartners out there, I raise my chocolate this afternoon in salute to you. ;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment