Why music?

As a musician, I never questioned my decision to teach my children about music from the day they were born. It was a natural thing for me, and it was also why I began a Kindermusik program at Delightful Sounds nearly seven years ago. Yet, as I have watched them grow and develop, I have come to realize exactly what a gift I gave them by starting so early. They both have a deep love of music. Yet, more than that, music study has shaped their development in other ways-social skills, improved IQ, problem solving/reasoning skills, creativity, language skills, and even physical development. In fact, music is the only thing I can think of that allows children to work on all areas of their development at once. It's been a special gift for me as well, as we share our love of music together!
If you've never tried a "mommy and me" music class with your child, check out www.kindermusik.com to download a free preview coupon.

No comments:

Post a Comment